Meet our Trainers
Meet our trainers Michelle & Donna
Michelle Walsh M.A.
Michelle is a trained Sexual Assault Treatment Unit (SATU) worker and also works as a co trainer in the Rape Crisis Midwest (RCMW) in Limerick, training SATU support workers. In addition to working as a counselor, Michelle has worked in several roles with the RCMW including delivering training on Sex and the Law on behalf of RCNI for Foroige, delivering talks to students on Sex and the law and informed consent, additionally I have also worked as a court accompaniment support worker. I am a train the trainer for Safe Talk and have completed my Assist training. I have worked in a Women’s Refuge for the last number of years and am used to working with clients who may need a multi disciplinary approach to aid their recovery. I also work in private practice as a counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor. I am also fully trained in Psychometric testing.
I am registered and licensed to practice by three different bodies,
- the British Association for Counseling and Psychotherapy (BACP),
- Association of Professional Counselors and Psychotherapists in Ireland (APCP) and
- Rape Crisis Network Ireland (RCNI)
I offer mental health services in the form of
- training and
I have extensive clinical experience and training, having worked with and delivered training around a diverse range of mental health difficulties and life challenges.
I graduated with an M.A. (1st), in Clinical Supervision and Professional Practice from the Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences (ICHAS).
Prior to completing my M.A. I graduated from (ICHAS) with at B.A. (Hons) in Counseling and Psychotherapy.
Additionally I have completed the Rape Crisis Network Ireland (RCNI) two-year training in sexual assault and rape.
Donna runs and manages her own private practice in Clare, Limerick & Tipperary, with a strong background working with students and young people. She works primarily with groups providing education & training in schools, third level institutes, community education programmes, organisations & businesses on topics such as mental health, well-being and life skills. She carries out workshops, mindfulness programmes and has worked with many organisations such as,
- Shannon College of Hotel Management at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
- The Tipperary Education & Training Board formerly the VEC,
- The Irish College of Humanities & Applied Sciences,
- Ennis School Completion Programme,
- Cheim ar Cheim an Irish Youth Justice Probation Service Education & Training Programme,
- An Garda Síochana through their employee assistance programme.
She can help you with the following issues
- mental health awareness,
- understanding mental health,
- understanding anxiety/depression etc.
- Life skills – skills for success in work,
- life outside of school such as assertiveness training,
- personal development,
- confidence building,
- interview tips & skills
She holds a 1st class honours degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy while she is currently completing a Master of Arts in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.