What you can expect when you refer a patient to Michelle Walsh:
The highest professional standards available in Psychotherapy services:
- High professional qualifications
- Full (practitioner-level) accreditation with three recognized professional bodies
- Minimum of five years professional experience
- Specialized training in CBT, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault
A letter from Michelle Walsh confirming the details of your patient’s appointment, including the name of therapist. This letter can be kept in your patients, file, enabling you to obtain feedback on progress at subsequent patients visits.
Liaison between GP and Therapist:
I am aware that the feedback in relation to progress of the treatment can be very valuable to the GP who often feels a sense of responsibility for the total care of the patient over the long-term. Situations in which such liaisons may be especially important are:
- Cases in which management of a psychiatric illness is a feature.
- Where there is risk of self-harm, including suicide.
- Certain cases of eating disorder in which medical management is an important feature.
- When the patient is on medication for psychological reasons, or in which the GP might consider it helpful for the patient to be on such medication.
- Cases in which the psychotherapist refers a patient to the GP to assess for medical treatment e.g.: sleep disturbance, management of anxiety or depression.
Opportunity to consult:
The opportunity to discuss any potential client with me, to ensure the most suitable referral possible for your patient.
A guarantee of the highest level of personal service to any of your patients who make contact with me.